Walking to lose weight- Enjoyable and Efficient
Walking to lose weight can be very enjoyable and efficient, however, when performing any exercise to lose weight it is always extremely important to be motivated. You really should feel the need to go out and take part in the weight loss activity that you are involved in and walking to lose weight is no exception. Walking to lose weight can be done at different locations such as outside in a park or indoor at a gym, it can also be done in any season, and at any time of the day. You can walk while it is hot, cold, sunny or cloudy. The choice is up to you and that’s why walking is considered a great exercise, it satisfies every schedule and lifestyle.
To maximize weight loss when walking the information below will help you to make it both beneficial and pleasant. As with other exercises, it is important for anyone with health problems to consult with a doctor and make sure they can perform walking to lose weight as an exercise routine.
What are the secrets for walking to lose weight? The answer to this question is simple; there isn’t any real secret for walking to lose weight. All you have to do is to follow a few simple techniques that are proven to work. These techniques will help you lose weight fast and most importantly help keep it off. Usually for most of us walking alone do not make us lose weight but this article will provide you with some important tips on what you should do differently so that it would work for you.
With the techniques below, you will learn how to burn 30% more calories without ever having to use silly ankle weights, dumbbells, or any other equipment. If you follow and incorporate the following tips along with a diet plan, I guarantee you will lose weight!
Weight Loss Plan for Walking to Lose Weight
1. Convenience is the key to staying motivated, so chose trails that are easily accessible; close to work and home.
2. When walking to lose weight, make sure you have an indoor location secured in case the weather is bad. Malls usually open their doors early and welcome walkers.
3. Listen to music while walking to lose weight – you will require a portable music player such as an iPod or an Mp3 player. Listening to your favorite songs while walking can boost your confidence to increase your distance and also to walk at a faster pace.
4. If you have not tried walking to lose weight before it is important to start off slowly. Take short walks for 20 to 30 minutes at a time. As you build stamina, you can increase both the time and speed at which you walk.
5. Jump starting your metabolism will have you losing more weight faster. While walking to lose weight, change the pace at which you walk. Speed walk for a short period and then slow you pace for a few minutes. This will help you burn a lot of calories while keeping your metabolism going.
6. To increase the intensity of your walking routine, you can walk on an incline. Finding a trail with hills or using a treadmill on an incline will give you this advantage. Walking on an incline for just 15-20 minutes will do the job. If this is repeated while walking to lose weight you will certainly lose weight faster.
7. Taking deep breaths is another key to losing more weight. The 5-5-5 breathing rule will help you burn 30% more calories while walking. All you have to do is inhale for 5 seconds, hold it for 5 seconds, and then exhale for 5 seconds. If this is done repeatedly every minute you can burn 22 to 30% more calories while walking to lose weight with this simple technique.
8. Walking 30 minutes a day, 4 to 5 times a week is ideal. This will give you the best chances to lose weight. If however you are press for time, brisk walking for just 10 minutes a day is okay. The key is to keep moving and to stay active.
9. To avoid injury while walking to lose weight, you should perform some form of warm-up and cool-down exercises or stretches. Even if you are going out to walk for a few minutes only you should do some form of stretching or warm-up exercise. You can also do some cool-down exercise or stretching when you finish walking. Doing this can greatly minimize the risk of injury, increase fitness level and help burn additional calories.
10. Drink lots of water. Drinking water before, during and after walking to lose weight will keep you hydrated. The combination of walking and drinking lots of water will also boost your metabolism which will enable you to burn even more calories. So drink up!
11. Last but certainly not least- have fun. Make walking to lose weight something you enjoy doing. This way you will not dread but rather enjoy doing it.
By following the techniques above you are guaranteed to lose weight; however I would only recommend walking to lose weight for those who are unfit to run or jog. Running or jogging would be a better option for you if you prefer a more intense cardio exercise to lose weight.
Always remember losing weight does not have to be boring and looked upon as a task. Whatever weight loss plan you chose, it should be one you enjoy doing.